Saturday, December 15, 2007

How YOU Can Help Make Axinar's A Better Blog

A while back my good buddy The Dean of Cincinnati described me as "a staff unto himself" as I have been able to cover topics covering such incredibly diverse subjects on Axinar's.

Of course now that there is a Mrs. Axinar's who takes up a pretty serious amount of my time, I'm pretty much at the point where I DO need a staff of sorts.

Pretty much what I desperately need are a few volunteers who can browse through RSS feeds.

Now, despite the near-certain objections of ConspiracyNut, as of right now it looks like one of the easiest RSS readers to use is Google Reader and they have just recently added a feature where you can see the "shared items" of anyone on your GMail or Google Talk friends list.

Pretty much how this would go is this:

If you don't have one already, go to GMail and click on the big gray "Create an account" button in the lower right hand corner.

Once you're set up, send me a note from your new account to axinar@gmail.com and let me know you want to help screen RSS feeds. Once I reply to you we will be on each others GMail friends list.

Next, go to Google Reader and click on "Add subscription" towards the middle of the left column. One simple one to start with is "Yahoo! Top Stories": http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories.

As you read through the stories on this feed, if you see one you think looks interesting, simply click "Share" at the bottom of the item, and that item will be visible to me after you click "OK" on the "Share with friends" message just above "Add subscription".

If I see something of IMPORT in your shared items, I will write a piece on it and, if you would like, I can credit you.

Let me know if you have any questinos!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 16, 2007 at 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGE fuckin security flaw; share files the old fashioned way: upload em somewhere else; also remember google hands out records WITHOUT subpoenas; remember the chinese debacle. Ax, you call these ppl your friends, then why the fuck would you urge them to do something so hideously stupid and dangerous?

 
At December 16, 2007 at 1:32 PM, Blogger Axinar said...

Not files, you goof - links to RSS feeds.

Who in the WORLD is going to have any interest in THAT??

 
At December 16, 2007 at 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

o_O misread, my bad; still not using google software for shit without appropriate cookie scrambling, etc.

 
At December 16, 2007 at 4:19 PM, Blogger Axinar said...

Well, is there anything more "secure" you use where you can post RSS items publicly you find interesting?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker