Saturday, March 15, 2008

On The Other Hand, Maybe We Should Slow Down On These Digital Converters

So in the process of reasearching all these Digital to Analog TV Converters, the thought crossed my mind, what's going to happen to WBQC?

WBQC is the low-power TV station in Cincinnati that used to carry Star Trek: Enterprise.

Well, if I understand this correctly, WBQC is STAYING ON ANALOG!

Uh oh.

There are apparently only a handful of digital converters that will do analog pass-through:

Echostar TR-40
Magnavox TB-100MG9
Philco TB150HH9
Philco TB100HH9
Digital Stream DX8700
Digital Stream DSP7700T
Kingbox K8V8

So far as I can tell, NONE of these are available yet.

Now here they got Mrs. Axinar all wound up and she had me ordering these flipping coupons the first SECOND they were available. They're only good for 90 days and now we come to find out the pass-through converters aren't even AVAILABLE yet.

That bites.

Strikes me as conspiratorial, too.

Did the full-power stations collude with the government to set it up to trick everyone into spending their coupons on converters that won't be able to pick up WBQC and hundreds of stations like it around the country?

I say there needs to be an investigation!

I say these coupons need to be extended to expire sometime AFTER the full-power broadcasters sunset their analog transmitters!

This is an outrage!

Wait a minute ...

I don't think I've watched WBQC since Enterprise went off the air ...

Have any of you watched anything on WBQC since Enterprise was cancelled??

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny... my wife and I really enjoyed the comments.

My question is: is the Philco TB 150 HH 9 available now? Is so where can I purchase it?

 
At November 24, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Blogger Axinar said...

Not real sure.

Our coupons expired months ago.

We got 2 converters but neither has analog pass-thru.

I understand quite a few of them do now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker