Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wisdom Teeth SUCK!


The very X-ray you see before you should be all the proof you need that evolution actually happened.

You see - a sudden shift in diet over the last 10,000 years or so has caused the humble wisdom teeth to do THIS sh*t.

The technical term is "impaction".

Now, if you'll notice, The Axinar has relatively STRAIGHT wisdom teeth, but the top two and the bottom right one never erupted at all and the left one is only half way through.

Now, my dentist told me there was a cyst on the lower right that I think I can make out in this X-ray, but there also looks to be something funny looking on the lower left as well (any dentists out there who can read this?).

Anyway - the current plan is they're coming out Thursday.

With nuclear explosives if necessary.

Mrs. Axinar has been reading all the web sites and telling me what a mess this could turn into.

And, yes, I know I put it off too long.

So ... in order to scare myself even more thoroughly ... :)

Anyone here had wisdom teeth out after 40?

Oh ... and the other morbid thought that crossed my mind ...

Suppose I'm killed in a fiery crash on the way to the oral surgeon ...

They won't be able to identify me with dental records because the dental records are WITH ME ... :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Blogger Jenna said...

It's totally hard to have such problems on your wisdom teeth due to its stinging sensation. I once had a very painful problem with that a few years ago, it was so painful, I need to take some painkillers to ease the pain. On the next day, I went to the cosmetic dentist (Los Angeles) to get those teeth out, and after the dental procedure, I was totally relieved.

A few weeks later, I returned to the dentist in LA to get myself checked, and luckily, everything was all right.

 
At June 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 27 and just had two of wisdom teeth removed this morning. They were deeply impacted and caused damage to two neighbouring teeth. It should have been done while I was in the army, but now I'm stuck with the pain and a massive bill to pay.

Wisdom teeth suck.

It should be the first thing we genetically altered as a species. Get rid of them before birth!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker