Saturday, July 26, 2008

Senator Sherrod Brown: Defender Of Child Rapists?


A few weeks back when I heard about the Kennedy v. Louisiana case where the United States Supreme Court ruled that it was unconstitutional to impose the death penalty on a child rapist, I was utterly incensed.

A very dear old friend of mine, who was herself a victim of child rape, once told me she thought an appropriate punishment for a child rapist might be having their privates bound in barbed wire and then submerged in battery acid.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but how, as a human being, you can possibly say that raping a child is a crime deserving of a lesser punishment than popping a cop or a convenient store clerk, is quite beyond my capacity to understand.

So, I immediately sent a note to my Congressperson and Senators saying essentially, "Please tell me what actions you are planning to take to adopt a Constitutional amendment allowing the execution of child rapists."

The only reply I've gotten back so far is from US Senator Sherrod Brown.

He says, "I will certainly keep your views in mind should the Senate consider relevant legislation."

Wow.

I certainly hope I have legislators in the Congress one day who can show a little more emotion than that on the topic of CHILDREN BEING RAPED.

How, for the love of God, is Paul Johnson ever going to get the time of day on his ENERGY ideas if you can't get more than "I'll keep your views in mind," on the subject of CHILDREN being RAPED???

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker