Pets Caught Up In Sub-Prime Mortgage Crisis
In those old sci-fi stories you used to occasionally read about some sort of tremendous plague that would come through and kill all the people but leave the pets wandering aimlessly.
Well, looks like this sub-prime mortgage crisis is something like a plague, and pets are getting abandoned all over.
- A starving pit bull found in an abandoned and trashed house.
- Dogs dumped on farm grazing grounds.
- House cats taking up with wild cat colonies.
- Abandoned dogs tied to trees in back yards.
- Cats left in garages.
- Turtles, rabbits and lizards still in children's bedrooms.
Has there been a noticeable uptick in suicide rates?
Are rental properties being flooded, causing rents to increase?
One thing is certain, it really IS starting to sound like a new Great Depression ...
Forclosure crisis leaves pets abandoned - 27News
Labels: Sub-Prime Mortgage Crisis