Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Conspiracist Report

Pretty much every day my favorite conspiracist friend sends me a stream of links that detail various aspects of clandestine activities by the government via IM (as opposed to an organized email that I could digest in a reasonable manner).

Very often I'm not sure WHAT to say about these things, but I figured I'd go ahead and run them and maybe y'all will start a comment thread [[ahem]] or some such and we'll see where it goes.

From the "Better Late Than Never" department is a story from Wired about how the FBI, if I understand this story correctly, has a semi-automatic digital eavesdropping network.

Yes, that always makes you feel REAL good - almost as good as when White House employees used to regularly read Axinar's. I guess the blog thing has pretty much blown over as nobody seems to CARE now. On the other hand, somewhat ironically, in a desperate attempt to build ratings, Axinar's has, in many ways, gone the route in topics as The Jerry Springer Show once did, so it should be a surprise to no one that nobody reads my ramblings any more.

Her next link is a site something about some problems with syncing UNIX time with UTC due to problems with some of the basic UNIX protocols and how they handle leap seconds.

No, I'm not sure how this is a conspiracy exactly, but maybe she'll fill us in. :)

(Although she tells me she's too paranoid to sync her computers to time.gov.)

The next is one that has come up quite a few times over the years - yes, the government just might be secretly pilfering the gold reserves at Fort Knox.

Of course the gold holdings at Fort Knox are so utterly insignificant in relation to the overall economy so as to be laughable.

On the other hand, if the government is being sneaky about it, it does deserve some attention.

Of course, since we are talking about an outfit that somehow snuck into WTC 1, WTC 2, and WTC 7 over a period of MONTHS or YEARS, rigged all three with TNT, and then managed to get the two biggest ones to collapse at EXACTLY the level where two MANIACS had just hit them with JUMBO JETS, I suppose a little shell game with gold bars is certainly not beyond them ...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 24, 2007 at 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, you silly! The time thing was just something interesting I had open at the time and thought was interesting.

Thanks for blogging the rest, nice to see content of IMPORT among all the ads and sidebar stuff. :P

I told you, btw, if you'd use some mail that doesn't ACTIVELY spy on their users AND keep cookies for ungodly amounts of time, I'd e mail em to ya...

Just remember: AYB...(Wiki knows)

 
At October 24, 2007 at 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double posting. :(

I failed to mention that perhaps when the dollar is worth zero, that gold will suddenly look a bit more attractive to folks.

Too bad your friend, Denmark V. doesn't list an e mail address I can find, or allow non-members to post. We have things in common,

 
At October 25, 2007 at 7:02 AM, Blogger Axinar said...

Which email service would you recommend, dear? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker