Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One Man's War With The Unitarians



Back a couple of years ago when the Reverend Sharon Dittmar of the First Unitarian Church of Cincinnati gave a joint adult education program with Rabbi Robert Barr of the Congregation Beth Adam and I started writing blog entries occasionally commenting on the lectures of these two fine, fine liberal clergy members, I picked up a gentleman named Robin Edgar who appears to be a man on a mission.

He worries me a bit.

He almost reminds me of Sayyid Qutb in a way.

According to his blog, The Emerson Avenger, in 1992 he experienced a "profound revelatory experience" which he apparently made the mistake of describing to a Unitarian minister.

Dude ...

You tell stuff like that to me and my moms.

Not a minister.

Particularly not a Unitarian minister.

Now, in an admittedly dazzling display of professionality, according to Mr. Edgar, the Unitarian Minister dismissed him as having had a "psychotic experience".

Now of course Sayyid Qutb was hit on by an American bar fly on the way over on the ship and was so insulted that he set into motion a series of events that ultimately led to a bunch of nuts driving huge airplanes into buildings.

Robin Edgar apparently holds regular protests of the Unitarian Church of Montreal and sent me a link to his YouTube videos documenting some of these protests.

I haven't had a chance to review all of them, but, thus far, probably the most disturbing is one where I presume one of the church members is calling the police on his cell phone, throwing Mr. Edgar's protest signs out into the street and sticking his tongue out at the camera.

Oh dear.

Now that's even more disturbing is exactly how much Mr. Edgar's voice resembles The Old Man's, Obi Ken's, and, yes, frighteningly enough, that of The Axinar.

Sounds to me like the simplest solution to this one is for someone, for the love of God, to get Mr. Edgar a ticket to Cincinnati so he can go to office hours with our Reverend Sharon Dittmar.

Yes, when I took Mrs. Axinar to "First Church" to inquire as to whether or not Rev. Dittmar herself would be psychotic enough to marry us, the "greeter", although expressing great love, affection, and professional respect for Rev. Dittmar, did pretty much precipitously apologize for the fact that First Church had a "theist" minister.

Yes, my friends - I pick up the fact that, although they do love her to death, there are people in that congregation who are VERY disturbed by the fact that their MINISTER actually BELIEVES IN GOD.

Oh, we can't have that now, can we?

However, I think it might come in handy to reach some level of closure between Mr. Edgar and the Unitarians.

And if THAT doesn't work, maybe we can send him down to The Reverend Otis Moss of Trinity United Church of Christ - the United Church of Christ being the descendant of the "sister" of the Unitarians - the Trinitarian Congregationalists - and, of course, Barack Obama's keeper ... :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Blogger Robin Edgar said...

Great post Axinar!

I am du(bious)ly honoured. ;-)

Unitarians need not worry about any violence or property damage on my part. I have been completely non-violent throughout this conflict and have no intention of escalating this dispute beyond the quite regrettable war of words that it is. In fact Montreal Unitarian aka U*Us are far more guilty of engaging in violence and property damage as the U*U Tube video you selected illustrates. I have been threatened and assaulted by a few belligerent Montreal U*Us and one idiotic Queen's Counsel lawyer, who thought he was above the law, had the audacity to steal some of my picket signs and push and shove me in the course of committing this theft. So I had him charged with theft and assault. . . He copped a plea and was subjected to non-judicial treatment of his criminal acts. Some time after that he accosted me on the sidewalk by physically blocking my progress and pretended that I was blocking hios entry into the Unitarian Church of Montreal even though I was walking on the outer part of the sidewalk and he could easily have passed by me on the inside. I responded to his belligerence by saying, "How is my favorite petty criminal?" He disappeared with a scowl on his face and I never saw him again. . . ;-)

I have been decrying the Godlessness of the U*Us, particularly the anti-religious intolerance and bigotry that is found throughout the U*U "movement", for some time now. I do believe that my case is something of a worse case scenario but it is obvious from the testimony of other people, including some increasingly outspoken U*U ministers, that God and God believing people are not genuinely welcome in many so-called "Welcoming Congregations" of the Unitarian*Universalist "religious community".

If you and your mums are interested in what I am claiming as a result of what that unmentionable U*U minister contemptuously dismissed as a "psychotic experience" you may read more about it here. Interestingly enough U*U pagans were the only group that saw fit to republish the open letter that I sent out to many Unitarian*Universalists in March of 1997. I am now proposing that the appearance of the total solar eclipse "Eye of God" in the skies above our planet could be responded to with an observance of a World Day of Conscience. You and your mums are invited, as is everyone else in the world, including the kind of people that like to fly planes into buildings. . . The next date for World Day of Conscience is just over six months away on August 1st 2008 when a total solar eclipse will be seen in the skies over China, Mongolia, Russia and the Arctic, including northern Greenland and some of Canada's Arctic Islands. Feel free to extend my invitation to Rev. Sharon Dittmar.

 
At January 31, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Blogger Robin Edgar said...

Oops! The second link should have gone to my World Day of Conscience blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker