Saturday, September 15, 2007

Vanessa Hudgens Is ... Filipino

So the other day Denmark Vesey was broadcasting his usual ignorance by characterizing the Vanessa Hudgens nude picture scandal as the "White Chick Crucifixion Of The Week".

I'm like - Denmark - now mind you I'm not the TOP expert on ethnic identifications, but I have a very strong suspicion this young lady isn't White - at least not by conventional standards.

Turns out I was right.

Turns out Vanessa Anne Hudgens is Filipino.

Now, I was thinking maybe Italian or possibly even 1/2 European-American - 1/2 South Asian.

(Calm yourself, Crankshaft.)

But, nope, turns out Vanessa's somewhat exotic looks come from her mother, Gina Guangco, who is from the Phillipines.

Vanessa was quoted as saying, "I am so proud of my heritage. I love being a Filipina. There aren’t very many Filipino girls in the industry. So being able to stand up and be that girl makes me proud. My mother is so proud. She grew up in Manila."

Yeah ... I wonder if her mother is so proud of Vanessa taking buck-naked pictures of herself that somehow get "leaked" all over the Internet.

Well ... one mystery solved ...

Related:
Vanessa Hudgens With Mother, Gina Guangco - Axinar's

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 15, 2007 at 12:37 PM, Blogger Someone said...

Did you just call a non-white woman "exotic"?

Does your wife know you talk like that?

 
At September 16, 2007 at 1:20 AM, Blogger Crankster said...

Now why would I get excited again??

 
At October 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the guy must b blind to call her white, c is asian nd im in love with her

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker