Friday, July 18, 2008

Wisdom Teeth Extraction And Dry Socket Update

For those of you who have been wondering, I had my wisdom teeth out something like 3 1/2 months ago, which was followed a week or so later by pretty nasty case of dry socket.

Well, the healing process has been continuing slowly but surely. I haven't needed to irrigate the socket for six weeks or so and it looks to be about 3/4 healed.

HOWEVER, maybe a week or so I started to feel what seemed to be part of a popcorn kernel stuck back near the socket from my left lower wisdom tooth.

Now, those popcorn kernels can be NASTY, and I've had dental hygienists extract them from my teeth after having gone MONTHS without eating any popcorn.

I tried the irrigator and everything else I could think of.

FINALLY I got hold of the thing and it wasn't a popcorn kernel.

It was a BONE FRAGMENT.

Yes, boys and girls, getting your wisdom teeth out can be MESSY.

It feels much better now though.

There's no real pain at this point - just a little tenderness on that side if I'm eating something particularly hard.

I still for the life of me can't figure out why the left has been healing so much more slowly than the right.

The right had erupted about half way and the right was completely submerged, but the oral surgeon had MUCH more trouble removing the right one.

On the other hand, I've had friends tell me it takes every bit of four months for wisdom tooth sockets to heal completely and we are not quite to the four month mark ...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 22, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Blogger Eddie Storms said...

What kind of anesthesia did you get for the procedure, local or general? My sedation dentist (Atlanta) recommended that I should be put to sleep because I started to tremble as soon as I sat on the dental chair! If I weren't much of a baby then, I would have gotten local anesthesia instead.

By now, I'm sure that you have fully recovered. My wounds have completely healed too, thanks to the experts in dentistry in Atlanta. They took real good care of me from the impaction diagnosis to the removal of sutures.

 
At November 20, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wisdom teeth extraction It feels awesome to read such informative and unique articles on your websites.

 
At May 3, 2018 at 5:08 AM, Blogger Charles C Hagaman said...

Learn everything you need to know about Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw. If you are suffering from Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw, then this guide will help you overcome the jaw pain by recommending you various tips & remedies that are helpful in Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw Wisdom tooth pain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker