Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Genealogy Of Nate Livingston

Nate Livingston himself stopped by my blog this morning to straighten me out on the very serious possibility that Nate and I have actually never met.

Now, when I first heard "Nate Livingston" on the radio many years ago, I was almost certain that I remembered a girl from my class who had a little brother named "Nathaniel Livingston" who I met for the first time in the "Resource Center" of the "Eight Building" of Aiken High School where Ms. Livingston and I worked for a teacher by the name of Rob Quelle (God rest his soul).

Now, when I saw pics of Nate in the paper and on the web, there was a very distinct similarity between him and the Ms. Livingston that I went to school with from 7th - 12th grade.

However, there were also some things that DIDN'T add up. The voice didn't sound right. More importantly, the "little brother" Livingston that I knew just didn't strike me as the type to get thrown in the hoosgow shouting down the mayor with a bullhorn. The kid that I met was very bright, but very QUIET to say the least.

Now it looks like Nate's younger brother is "Emanuel", and he too was on WDBZ at one time. It looks like he graduated from Aiken in 1988 and Ms. Livingston and I graduated in 1986. If I'm doing the math right, Nate would have been in the class of 1987, and, yes, if memory serves (but apparently it doesn't), the little brother of my friend was at least a year or two younger than the class of 1987.

Which still leaves one monstrous mystery on our hands - if Ms. Livingston graduated from Aiken in 1986, and Emanuel in 1988, how did the "middle sibling", Nate, get separated in school from his brother and sister?

And then how did I make my mistake? Yes, "my good buddy" is dripping sarcasm as the "little brother" Livingston that I knew I met maybe twice. It would, however, explain several BIZARRE phone calls I have had with members of Nate's household where they CLEARLY recognized the sister's name, but didn't know me from Adam.

Very, very interesting ...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 29, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walnut Hills

 
At May 29, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Axinar said...

Oh wow ... that would explain it ...

Wait a second ...

If Nate graduated from Walnut Hills, how's he end up a law clerk for Ken Lawson and in all this baby mamma drama??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker